Guided Factory Tour
BMW Manufacturing has suspended tours, in order to prepare the factory for future production.
TOURS ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
BMW’s only American factory is a marvel of the blending of modern engineering and design aesthetics. See for yourself how the ultimate driving machine is built during a guided plant tour.
IMPORTANT FACTORY TOUR INFORMATION:
Must I make a reservation?
Yes, advance reservations are required.
Is there a charge for the tour?
Yes, there is a cost for the tour: $10 for Adults, $5 for students and BMW Car Club members (must have CCA card with you upon arrival to qualify for discount).
Prepayment is required for groups of 10 or more and cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance for refunds.
Is there an age requirement for the tour?
Yes, tour participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Advanced reservations are required.
- Tour participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Completely enclosed shoes are required to tour our facility. No flip flops, high heels, open toe, open side, or open heel shoes are permitted. You will NOT be permitted on the tour if your shoes do not meet the guidelines.
- Cameras and camera phones are not permitted. Cell phones must be turned off during the tour. Please leave personal belongings locked in your vehicle.
- Please allow at least 2 hours for your visit here. During the tour, participants will walk over a distance of approximately one mile.
- BMW reserves the right to cancel tours anytime.
BMW Manufacturing will suspend tours as of August 1, 2016 in order to prepare the factory for future production.
BMW Manufacturing is in the midst of a $1 Billion expansion that includes construction of a new, state-of-the-art body shop, expansion of the X5/X6 Assembly hall, expansion of a logistics warehouse, and construction of two new indoor test tracks. This expansion will increase the Plant’s annual capacity to 450,000 units and add a fifth model to the vehicle lineup – the all-new BMW X7.
Currently, BMW Manufacturing produces more than 1,400 vehicles each day. The factory is the exclusive producer of all BMW X3, X4, X5 and X6 Sports Activity Vehicles and Coupes (and their variants) to more than 140 global markets. Last year, the Spartanburg plant produced 400,904 vehicles, making it the largest BMW plant in the world by volume.