Corporate Giving at BMW Manufacturing Corp.
Corporate giving is very important at BMW Manufacturing Corp., although it is not an area that is widely publicized. Projects that help the environment, education, beautification, quality of life, preservation, charitable organizations, and other philanthropic causes throughout the state are endeavors that BMW Manufacturing supports.
BMW believes that supporting local and state organizations is an indispensable part of being a good corporate citizen. BMW strives to be a good neighbor by partnering with organizations in promoting educational, cultural and civic efforts throughout South Carolina.
Some of the corporate giving programs that BMW Manufacturing has supported this year include:
- Spartanburg Arts Partnership
- South Carolina Children’s Theater
- South Carolina Teacher of the Year
- South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics
- South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts
- Community events in Upstate, Midlands and Charleston areas
- Statewide science initiative
- Palmetto Conservation Foundation
- Urban League of the Upstate Education Fund
- The BMW Charity Pro-Am at The Cliffs golf tournament that distributes funds to numerous charities in Upstate South Carolina and Western North Carolina
- Clemson University German Language Program
- Paris Mountain State Park Environmental Center
- Spoleto Festival
- United Negro College Fund
For more information on these projects, and on BMW’s corporate giving, please visit BMW Manufacturing’s community support website page at www.bmwusfactory.com/community/impact.asp. For an entire list of organizations that BMW supports through corporate giving and volunteerism, visit its webpage at www.bmwusfactory.com/community/support/who.asp.
BMW Manufacturing Corp. is a subsidiary of BMW AG in Munich, Germany. In addition to the South Carolina manufacturing facility, BMW’s North American subsidiaries include sales, marketing and financial services operations in the United States, Canada and throughout Latin America; an information technology consulting and systems integration firm in South Carolina; a production facility in Mexico; and a design firm in California.