Getting a Job with BMW Manufacturing Corp.
Learning about job availability at BMW Manufacturing Corp. has been made simple with the introduction of a “Careers” link to the factory website, www.bmwusfactory.com. This new web feature allows potential employees to browse opportunities and even apply online.
“We receive thousands of resumes per year for a relatively small number of available positions at BMW,” said Melissa Washburn, Project Leader for Recruitment Marketing and Communications at BMW Manufacturing. “This web-based system allows us to enhance the efficiency of our recruiting process at the plant.”
The “Careers” link enables individuals to seek professional or technical positions, co-ops, and internships. Production and equipment service positions are not available at this time.
To apply, simply log onto www.bmwusfactory.com and click on the “Careers” link. Applicants may create a profile, which documents a candidate’s experience, skills and abilities. Once a profile is created and a position becomes available that best matches the interests and qualifications indicated on a profile, candidates may be invited back to apply. Candidates, however, should visit the site regularly to check for open positions and to ensure that their profile information is current.
“The best way to be considered for a position is to show your interest by actively applying for it,” Washburn said. “The system assists our recruiters in identifying the best-qualified candidates from the information contained in their profile.”
“One of the most exciting things about the careers site is that it allows candidates to have complete control of their information,” said Elizabeth Jende, Section Manager for Recruiting at BMW Manufacturing. “If the candidates keep their information up-to-date, it will remain in BMW’s system allowing us to have accountability and quality control, which is a big plus.” Since the “Careers” link was added in March, the page views have steadily increased each month with more than 17,000 page views in July.
“BMW Manufacturing is always committed to the goal of identifying world-class talent to support our world-class automobiles,” Jende said. “Adding this career link allows us to open up the avenue to strengthen that goal.”
Create Your Profile and Apply
- Visit www.bmwusfactory.com and select the “Careers” link to enter the careers section. Once there, click on “Career Opportunities” to begin the application process.
- Select “Co-op and Internship Opportunities” or “Professional/Technical Career Opportunities” from the list.
- View current openings in detail by clicking on the position title.
- You may click “Create or edit profile” to create an electronic summary of your qualifications. Be sure to type or copy & paste your resume into the resume section of the candidate profiler.
- Your profile may be updated any time you choose by logging in with your username and password. Your username is the same as your email address. If you forget your password, you may click “forgot password” and you will be able to enter a new one.
- Once your profile is created, it will remain on file electronically. Should your experience and qualifications best match an opportunity at BMW Manufacturing Corp., someone will contact you via email. Therefore, it is important you keep your email address updated in your profile.
- If you are interested in a specific position at BMW Manufacturing Corp., you should apply online by clicking on the position title and then clicking “Apply Online”. You will be asked a series of position-specific questions and given the option to edit your profile.
- BMW Manufacturing Corp. will correspond via email, mail, or telephone with all applicants who have applied for a specific position.
BMW Manufacturing Corp. is a subsidiary of BMW Group in Munich.