BMW is recruiting technical college students in manufacturing related degrees for their Scholars Program. Contact the three participating technical colleges for more information at the following links:
The BMW Scholars Program allows students who are in manufacturing-related degrees to attend class full-time at local two-year community colleges while working part-time hours at BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC.
This allows students to further their education while gaining valuable experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment and become potential candidates for full-time positions at BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC.
BMW provides tuition assistance, each semester, while the student is enrolled full-time and actively participating in the Scholars Program.
- Full-time student status at a participating accredited two-year college and commitment to attend school year round. Participating colleges: Spartanburg Community College, Greenville Technical College, and Tri County Technical College.
- Students must be enrolled in a production technician or other manufacturing-related degree such as maintenance, automotive, machine tool, robotics, etc.
- Students must be entering or in their 1-2nd semester of degree study to be considered.
- Possess a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Successful completion of BMW Assessment testing is required.
- Commitment to working up to 20 hours per week at BMW during the course of the program.
- Participation in BMW training is required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Organizational skills are necessary.
- Computer experience required (MS Office software).
- No obligation for continued employment by BMW or the student upon receipt of a degree by the student.