Guided Factory Tour
BMW’s only American factory is a marvel of the blending of modern engineering and design aesthetics. See for yourself how the ultimate driving machine is built during a guided plant tour. Or take a self-guided journey through time and all things BMW at the beautiful Zentrum museum, where you can explore BMW’s dynamic history as one of the world’s finest automakers. For the enthusiast, it’s the ultimate backstage pass.
BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC., is currently scheduling daily tours of our factory to the public, Monday through Friday (see below for tour options and times). To request a tour, please call 1-888-TourBMW (1-888-868-7269). The tour reservation line is available from 9:00 a.m to 2:30 p.m. (EST).
GUIDED TOUR OPTIONS
Combination Walking/Riding Tram Tours
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, guests will be able to experience a two-hour, combination walking/tram ride tour. This tour will depart from the BMW Zentrum Museum. Tour guests will be guided through the BMW production process and then return to the museum to board a bus for the riding tram portion of the tour. Departure times are: 9:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. There is a maximum number of 10 guests per tour. Costs for this tour are $20 for adults and $10 for students and BMW CCA members.
Walking tours are available on Tuesday and Thursday only. A maximum of 20 guests are permitted per tour. Departure times for the walking tour are: 9:30 a.m.; 10:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. Costs for this tour are $10 for adults and $5 for students and BMW CCA members.
IMPORTANT FACTORY TOUR INFORMATION:
Must I make a reservation?
Yes, advance reservations are required. Walk-ins are permitted only in the case of same day cancellations and rarely occur.
Is there a charge for the tour?
Yes, there is a cost for the tour: $10/$20 for Adults, $5/$10 for students and BMW Car Club members (must have CCA card with you upon arrival to qualify for discount). The cost varies depending on the type of tour selected.
Prepayment is required for groups of 10 or more and cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance for refunds.
Is there an age requirement for the tour?
Yes, tour participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- For a walking tour, the tour group size cannot exceed 20 people per tour. For a walking/riding tram tour, the tour group size cannot exceed 10 people per tour.
- Advanced reservations are required.
- Tour participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Completely enclosed shoes are required to tour our facility. No flip flops, high heels, open toe, open side, or open heel shoes are permitted. You will NOT be permitted on the tour if your shoes do not meet the guidelines.
- Cameras and camera phones are not permitted. Cell phones must be turned off during the tour. Please leave personal belongings locked in your vehicle.
- Please allow at least 2 hours for your visit here (More for the walking/tram tour option). During the tour, participants will walk over a distance of approximately one mile.
- BMW reserves the right to cancel tours anytime.