Guided Factory Tour
To schedule a plant tour, REGISTER ONLINE or call 1-888-tourBMW (868-7269).
BMW’s only American factory is a marvel of the blending of modern engineering and design aesthetics. See for yourself how the ultimate driving machine is built during a guided plant tour.
IMPORTANT FACTORY TOUR INFORMATION:
Must I make a reservation?
Yes, advance reservations are required.
Is there a charge for the tour?
Yes, there is a cost for the tour. The 1 hour tour fee is $10 for adults, $5 for students and BMW Car Club members (must have CCA card with you upon arrival to qualify for discount). The 2 hour tour fee is $15 for adults, $10 for students and BMW Car Club members (must have CCA card with you upon arrival to qualify for discount).
Prepayment is required for groups of 10 or more and cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance for refunds.
Is there an age requirement for the tour?
Yes, tour participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Advanced reservations are required. Guests 18 and older, must present a picture ID upon arrival for scheduled tour.
- Tour participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Completely enclosed shoes are required to tour our facility. No flip flops, high heels, open toe, open side, or open heel shoes are permitted. You will NOT be permitted on the tour if your shoes do not meet the guidelines. No Exceptions.
- Cameras and camera phones are not permitted. Cell phones must be turned off during the tour. Please leave personal belongings locked in your vehicle.
- Tour participants will walk a distance of 1 to 2 miles depending on the tour route scheduled (either 1 hour or 2 hour tour).
- BMW reserves the right to cancel tours at any time.
In June 2017, BMW Group announced an additional investment of $600 million in manufacturing infrastructure for the plant to prepare for future generations of the BMW X model family. This will be the sixth major expansion since the plant opened. This investment includes the addition of 1,000 jobs through the year 2021.
The physical size of BMW Plant Spartanburg is approximately 7.0 million square feet with the recent addition of a new body shop, an expansion of the X5/X6 assembly hall, and an expansion of logistics. Current construction includes the expansion of Assembly North (X3/X4 assembly) by 140,000 square feet and renovation/re-tooling of the first-generation X4 body shop.
Currently, BMW Manufacturing produces more than 1,400 vehicles each day. The factory is the global center of competence for BMW X3, X4, X5 and X6 Sports Activity Vehicles and Coupes (and their variants) to more than 140 global markets.